That all may know Christ as their personal Savior, boldly sharing His love to expand His Kingdom.
That we would be a passionate, contagious Christian community in joyful service to the glory of God.
As members of Christ Community and the Christian Church, we exist to KNOW Christ, SHOW Love, and GROW Followers.
At Christ Community our goal is simple, to make Christ known to those in our community so that they might experience the live changing love of a merciful and gracious God. Our Core Values highlight those things that we hold as important in carrying out our mission as followers of Christ.
Growing God’s Kingdom: Our united purpose is to share the good news of the Gospel with those apart from Christ wherever they are. The congregation is not the mission, the congregation is established by God to accomplish THE mission: To share Jesus.
Christ-centered Ministry and Education: In everything, our authority is the Bible. We believe that growing in our faith and knowledge of Christ is meant to be an exciting lifelong adventure through which we grow toward Christian maturity. We promote personal, spiritual growth through effective Bible teaching and training for service.
Inspiring Worship: the example of Scripture is clear, in the early days of the Church, believers gathered together regularly for community worship, prayer, sharing of the Sacraments, and the preaching of the Word. We believe that this continues to be a necessary part of the Christian journey. But we also believe that church should be an enjoyable experience that draws our attention away from our daily concerns and directs our hearts and minds to God. We seek to design our worship gatherings so that all who come through our doors have opportunity to be lifted up as they actively engage with God.
Christ Centered Living: We believe a relationship with Christ can make a joyful difference in our daily lives. We share His love with each other and with the world around us. In His name we seek to meet needs. Through personal Bible study and prayer, we continue to grow closer to Christ. We want to reflect His presence in the way we live and relate to others.
Friendship & Fellowship: not only do we take joy in worship of God, but we also take joy in fellowship with one another. Our community is one not only of believers in Christ, but also a community of friends. We enjoy company with each other and take opportunity to spend time with one another throughout the week. We want to be friends, and we seek to fulfill that desire with the people we meet. We recognize that we are all a little banged up in life, but that doesn’t change the love that Jesus has for each and every one of us and we desire to share that same love with one another.
Our Core Beliefs are the foundation of what we believe, what we teach, and how we live our lives.
- The Bible- The Bible is the true word of God and, though written by human hands, contains exactly what God intended. It serves as the source for all that we believe and confess.
- The Trinity-We believe in one God who exists in three separate yet equal persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- God the Father is our maker and the creator of all things.
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God
- The Holy Spirit guides us, empowers us, and equips us to be followers of Christ.
- Creation- In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth out of nothing. All of space and time was created at His command. On the earth he created water and land and all manner of living things. When He reached the correct time, he also created humanity, male and female, equal companions, perfect expressions of God’s love.
- Sin- Sin is a rejection of God. It is a decision to forsake God’s commands and engage in activities, whether thought or deed, which are counter to God’s intention and desire. Sin entered the world when Adam and Eve responded to the tempting words of the serpent and disobeyed God. This was a decision which they freely made. As a result, God’s creation has been tainted by sin.
- Pure Doctrine
- Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion